4/18 Journal

This week I have really kicked it into high gear. I completed a majority of my secondary research and feel ready to dive into writing the paper! I met with a potential interviewee (we are setting up a time for this upcoming week for an interview) and I think he is going to be a great asset to the WDP and my research. He has been apart of the congregation from prior to the building of the synagogue and remembers every aspect of its creation and growth. I was scheduled to meet with a rabbi on Wednesday morning, but when I arrived at the synagogue, all of the doors were locked and it did not seem like anyone was around. I e-mailed my contact and she apologized for not telling me about a doorbell on one of the doors. We are going to try and reschedule.

I am both excited and nervous for this interview, mostly because it is so close to the deadline.

2 Responses to “4/18 Journal”

1. 1 Kari Jolly April 20, 2014 at 10:33 am

If you are interviewing Dr. Scholnick, don’t be nervous. He is an amazing fellow and always seems to be excited to help a student be successful. He loves Boston – if you need an ice breaker that is a great subject. As for approaching deadlines, I think it is safe to say that everyone is anxious about this final stretch. Just remember, on the 29th, we can breathe and be proud that we have knocked off another task. And, we don’t have a final exam for this class! AND, you are graduating!!

2. 2 mal2013 April 20, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Great advice from Kari. It’s exciting to be in the home stretch of the project. I’ll be eager to hear how the use of space inside the synagogue has changed over time to accommodate its congregation’s needs.