Week of 4/14

This week has been extremely productive, I went back to Swem and the Rockefeller Library and collected information about changes in street name and locations over time. I also conducted an oral interview with Judge Powell which was extremely informative for both myself and Loetta who indexed for me.

I am still waiting to hear from the social studies coordinator for JCC but am talking to  the deputy coordinator and may have an interview set up for Monday, I am waiting to hear back from her. I have copied the materials from the text books and sources they use online for Native American studies as well as the SOL information the state provides them.

I have started writing my paper and hope to finish a draft by Monday so I have a lot of time to edit. I plan on continuing to work on that this evening.

2 Responses to “Week of 4/14”

1. 1 Kari Jolly April 20, 2014 at 10:44 am

I hope you will share information about your interview with Judge Powell in class tomorrow. After reading your comment on a blog post last week, I am curious if you encountered any uncomfortable moments and if you did, how you handled them. I had to deal with one myself recently.

2. 2 mal2013 April 20, 2014 at 10:56 pm

I am interested to know what you learned regarding the street names in Williamsburg. Were the resources at Swem and the Rockefeller library equally helpful? Did Rockefeller cover an earlier period and Swem later periods? Have you also looked at the map collections at the public library and the planning commission?