Work Summary 3/23-3/28

This week was very productive overall although I still have not collected a recorded interview.  I spoke with Dr. Buck Woodward on Thursday and gained some extremely valuable insight and information from him about the statue of Powhatan in front of the JCC Court House. Since, I have done some research and contacted people in the city planning office who could be potential interviewees. Specifically interesting information that I learned from Dr. Woodward, is the discrepancies in the 1607 map that is situated in front of the Powhatan statue from historical maps of Indian tribes from that period. I hope to look at these sometime next week and may need to travel to Richmond to the Library of Virginia to view these maps.

I am still waiting on a response from the City planning office on where/when I can access the street names and park names in Williamsburg/JCC. Hopefully I will hear from them early next week. I was able to collect information about the educational curriculum used by JCC regarding Native American history, people, and culture. I am waiting to hear back from them with the actual curriculum guidelines and matierial. There may be a possible interviewee in that direction too, I am just still waiting to hear back.