3/21 Work Journal Summary

This week, I took the time to reconstruct my Research/Work Journal. I decided to turn it into more of a scrapbook utilizing different items and articles regarding my project as well as personal reflections and tracking my process. My first page of my journal is comprised of Post-It notes that have questions on them. One color Post-It note contains my main research questions, and the other color has questions that I have come up with along the way of reviewing primary and secondary sources. As my journal continues, there are print-outs of articles and maps that I have studied and reflected on with personal notes. After doing more background research, I have realized where I want to take this project, and the questions I will need to ask to get it there.

This week, I did extensive background research and have really dug into the Jewish history of Williamsburg, which has led me to a few historical Jewish figures that made their way through Williamsburg at some point during their lives.

I also took this time this week to revamp my research schedule with specifics, which has proven to be helpful.

While compiling the Master Name List, I decided to put short summary of who or what the listing is. I believe this will be helpful to not only me, but my peers helping me along during the process.