Work Journal 4/15-21

I did not have as much time as I would have liked to work on my project this week.

Tuesday: I interviewed Wayne a second time—he has so much institutional and musical knowledge. I also obtained a copy of Colonial Idol from Jane. I discussed with Wayne the possibility of going to a GM concert, I just need to let Jane know when (I am shooting for first Tuesday of finals).

I also scheduled index with Sarah for Thursday at 9 am, at Jamestown High School.

Wednesday: I started working on my transcription of Herb Watson’s interview.

Thursday: went with Sarah on an index. I had a meeting with Helis and Prof. Glosson about the direction of my project. I continued to work on my transcript, and got past the half-way point.

In the coming week, I need to focus on completing my oral history materials: finishing my transcript, one index from a recording, typing an index, and headnotes. I also hope to get the chance to look at Colonial Idol and nail down a basic outline for my project.