Work Journal 3/25-3/31

This week has been somewhat productive from an organizational standpoint, but I am in a waiting period, as much of my project relies on oral histories.

Tues: I met with Professor Glosson and Helis to discuss where to go from here—waiting to hear from Jane, and that I should not be too worried yet about my project.

Thursday: I called and emailed Lance Pedigo, but am still waiting for response from him. I have made a plan to hunt down Tom Marshall via his teaching schedule in Ewell next week.

Friday/Saturday: I received an email from Jane Hanson, and responded to try to set up a time (she suggested Wednesday, which is terrible for me). Hopefully I will get that nailed down in the next week or two.

I also fought with .pdf files from CW Rockefellar scans, so that I could put them into one file. I took notes on Bullock piece, which outlines how music existed in colonial Virginia.

Sunday: I organized all of my secondary research files into a folder, properly labeled. I went through the CD liner information that I had from the CW Rockefellar of recordings by the Governor’s Musick and took notes on them. I am coming up with a better idea of how this ensemble is presented by the CW Foundation (when it is presented at all).

I went through my online research on residents ensembles, created notes and compiled them into one document. I now have information on the Newberry Consort, the Folger Library Consort, the Smithsonian Chamber Music Society, and a bit on the National Gallery.

For the next week, I really hope to schedule multiple oral histories, and have some fruitful communication with members of the ensemble.