Work Journal – Week Two

Monday, March 18th 

Organized contacts into an easy-to-read document

Tuesday, March 19th

Met with Professor Glosson and Helis to discuss how to narrow the focus of my project.

Obtained two interviews conducted during class to use for my paper

Wednesday, March 20th

Went back through interview of Lance Pedigo

Thursday, March 21st

Went back through interview of Laurie Brown

Friday, March 22nd

N/A

Saturday, March 23rd

Read paper from a student in the course last year that focused on independence for retirees in Williamsburg.  The paper is helpful to my research because she interviewed the Senior Director of Community Relations for Williamsburg Landing, a continuous care retirement community I plan to focus my research on (at least the portion on retired alumni in Williamsburg).

Sunday, March 24th

After thinking for a few days about what I want to be the focus (narrower than before), I went through my contacts and determined who I plan to get in touch with to interview (I needed to limit how many people I plan to interview).

Went through current news publications to see if any new articles, videos, etc. regarding my topic were released this past week.

Made a schedule for contacting people to schedule interviews

1 Response to “Work Journal – Week Two”

1. 1 sgglos March 27, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I’m glad the past WDP project was useful. Time to arrange those interviews! You’re ready to go.