Monday, March 18

I spent most of my AMST hours working on my map diary, which is due on Tuesday. I also received a phone call from Ruth Baur from Williamsburg Landing called me and tried to set up an interview so I told her that I will call her back later in the week once I’ve confirmed my schedule.

Tuesday, March 19

Tuesday was a very busy day for me because I had six hours of class three hours of meeting. I was exhausted so I ended up going to be at 8:30pm. I did not have a lot of time to dedicate to my project.

Wednesday, March 20

Today Helis and I went through the Virginia Gazette microfilms in the basement of Swem. Marcia Kirby helped us figure out how to use the equipment. It took Helis and me each about one hour to go through one month of VG material. I analyzed January 2009 and she did April 2009. Early 2009 was a relatively quiet time period for national health care reform so we did not find too much at our time in Swem. However, as Helis began to read the VGs from late April, more articles began to emerge.

My original plan was to look at VGs from 2009 to 2013. Now that I know it takes one hour to look at one month of articles, I am not sure if it is realistic for me to set aside nearly 51 hours to look at every edition of the VG. I plan on talking to Sarah and Helis about a better strategy when we meet on Tuesday.

Thursday, March 21

I meant to call Ms. Baur, from Williamsburg Landing, about scheduling an interview. By the time I had some free time, it was very late and I assumed she wouldn’t want to be disturbed. It’s probably better this way because I am still unsure of how I want to include Ms. Baur in my project.

Friday, March 22

I did not have an opportunity to work on WDP things today.

Saturday, March 23

I was home sick all day so I didn’t have the chance to work on any schoolwork.

Sunday, March 24

Today I organized my journal for our weekly submission. I also organized the following to do list for the week:

• Schedule interviews (and return Ms. Baur’s call) – T 2pm – 3pm
  • Create interview questions – T 3pm – 4pm
  • Microfilms – W 2pm – 4pm