Updated Project Proposal

For my project, as discussed before, I will be doing a sort of chronology of the Williamsburg schools. I have been given ideas for resources as well as thought up some my own. I believe I want to start looking into what Special Collections has to offer, obviously it had plenty of information on the Matthew Whaley School, and maybe has information on the other schools as well. In addition to that, I also was told to get my hands on old yearbooks from the schools, which I need to look into how to acquire such materials. After our class practice interview with Lance Pedigo, he told me it would be a good idea to get in contact with his mother, a teacher in the Williamsburg school system for the past 40 something years. After spring break I am definitely going to try to reach her. Also, I have reached out to people I know from William and Mary that I know have grown up here in Williamsburg, to give me a more contemporary history of the schools. There is a lot to do after spring break, I’m excited!