Updated Project Proposal

While I have not made tremendous strides in my research for my project thus far, I have made important contacts with people who can help, focused my research questions a little more, and created a rough schedule of reading my bibliographic sources.

I’ve been emailing back and forth with Sister Rose Morris, one of the Theology teachers at Walsingham Academy. She has helped me learn a little more about the history of the school, and is willing to conduct an oral history. She also suggested I get in contact with the vice principal of Walsingham, who attended the school as a child. She could give me a good perspective on the state of the school when she attended it. Lastly, I have the contact information for Sister Agnes Loretta, who was one of the founding sisters of the school. I’m really excited to talk about her- an oral history from her could be incredibly useful for my project

Over Spring Break, I plan to finally catch up on the reading I should be doing for this project. Looking at the secondary sources about Catholic schools in the United States I can hopefully better define how Catholic schools interact with the communities they are in, which will help me frame how Walsingham interacts with Williamsburg. I also want to finally start leafing through the microfilms of the Virginia Gazette in Swem to find whatever articles I can about Walsingham. I also want to go the Williamsburg Library to see if I can find anything there. Lastly, I want to visit Walsingham soon. They are putting on a musical soon, which could be fun to go watch. I would just like to get a picture of how the school runs now.