Journal #2

3/19-3/26

This week consisted of reaching out to faculty members whose work or lives seem relevant to the topic.  I contacted seven professors and hope to hear back from them soon.  I already heard back from Professor Meyer and have an interview set up with her this Wednesday.  Professor Meyer is so knowledgeable and passionate about LGBT issues that I plan to conduct an oral history interview with her.  If all goes well, the interview has the potential to be the one I transcribe.  I received some helpful feedback on a draft of interview questions from Professor Glosson and plan to use the questions as a template for other interviews with faculty members.  I’m hoping Professor Meyer and other faculty members can introduce me to LGBT individuals currently in retirement in Williamsburg.  Without this sampling of people my research will be more theoretical and perhaps unrepresentative of the current retirement community atmosphere. This concern will hopefully be addressed in the next week as I begin formal interviews and meetings with Professors.  Wish me luck!