I spent the past week doing a lot of work for other classes but have done a few things for WDP.

I discussed how best to determine the effect of retirees on the cost of living in Williamsburg with Professor McHenry. He told me the most telling part of a local economy’s cost of living is the housing price. The problem with this is the amount of data required to make a statistically significant sample; it would take years to compile. He suggested I make a small sample just to prove my point. The data would not hold in an extremely scrutinized environment but with my time constraints it is my best option. I have been looking at housing prices for 10 homes since the 50’s in Williamsburg.

I have continued doing research on the book Sarah provided for me (Thank you).

I have emailed a resident of Williamsburg about doing an interview. She is working during the week and we have not found a meeting time that suits both of us.

I am working on creating questions that guide interviewees to discuss money without feeling self-conscious or interrogated.

1 Response to “Journal 1”

1. 1 dcpratt March 22, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Feel free to run your questions by me and Sarah!