4/26 Journal

I totally spaced on the journal entry until I was walking to class today… I blame end-of-semester craziness.

Anyway, I was a little disappointed because Mr. Jarman didn’t respond to either of the emails I sent him, nor could I get in touch with him via phone. Although I can say I tried, I’d much rather have an interview. This week I’ve been looking for the latest articles, just to make sure I have everything, and doing some more research on issues from a few months back, such as the outside study that was commissioned and community dialogue around the hiring of the superintendent. Right now I feel as though I’m trying to just piece everything together to make a respectable project. I’ve been transcribing Mr. Andre’s interview and typed my indexes. Headnotes are next on the list. I’m a little worried about everything not being cohesive/too broad but I have a meeting set up with Professor Taylor on Thursday so hopefully she’ll be able to give me some guidance.

Quick addendum: Mr. Jarman emailed me back! He apparently didn’t get my original email, but he’s willing to be interviewed. I am so excited right now it is absurd.

Another update: I have an interview with Mr. Jarman tomorrow, and he also emailed me quite a few things pertaining to the outside compensation study that was done as well as proposals made by the budget advisory group of which he was a part. The materials are really great! I’m very excited and feeling a new rush of hope for my project.