Research Journal (4/25/11)

I’m getting into the paper portion of the class, and so I’m in the process of pulling everything that I have together.  This week I transcribed the entirety of the Trisha Farinholt interview, which took me probably 6 hours on account of the length of the interview, and of how bad I am at transcribing.  On top of that, Addie and I finally got a chance to sit down with Sharmaine Grove, the current Supervisor of Career and Technical Education for all of WJCC.  It was nice to get the official stance of the WJCC school system, even though it was admittedly less exciting to take part in than some of the other interviews that I’ve performed.  She said exactly what I thought she’d say, and that was that the CTE side of WJCC is thriving and leaves not a single child behind in its monstrous wake.  So anyways, I’m trying to figure out how to transform all of this raw material that I have into a cohesive and coherent academic paper.  It’s going to be painful.