Research Journal – Week #2

First off, my apologies for the delay in posting.

I was out of town from the morning of Thursday, March 24th until late in the evening on Sunday, March 27th.  With the William and Mary Wind Symphony, I traveled on tour to Nashville, Tennessee.  I took my textual materials with me on the bus and gleaned what material I could from them.  As per Sarah’s warnings, the books did not contain much information directly pertaining to the relationship between Colonial Williamsburg and the WJCC school system.  Nevertheless, they did provide some general information regarding Colonial Williamsburg’s recent educational policies and programs.  Some of this material could serve to provide context as I explore the more specific CW-WJCC relationship.

Over the weekend, I also worked on crafting questions to ask Bill White in our interview.  Some of these questions were based on material gleaned from my reading, but the majority of them center around educational programs with which I know Bill White is involved, particularly the Electronic Field Trip series and the online textbook package offered by Colonial Williamsburg.

My interview with Bill White is scheduled for 2:30 pm tomorrow (Tuesday, the 29th).  This will be just after class ends, and in our last session several classmates expressed a desire to accompany me.  Hopefully one of these accompanying students will be willing to act as indexer.  The interview will take place at the Bruton Heights research center.  It may prove difficult to get there within 10 minutes, so if none of my accompanying classmates have cars, I will perhaps need to duck out of class a little early (unless it ends slightly early of its own accord).

I am still pursuing an interview with Barry Trott at the WRL, and will send Professor Taylor an e-mail shortly requesting contact information for Barbara Watson.