Research Journal (3/28/11)

It’s starting to look like I might actually finish this project on time.  This week was much more productive than last week.  I have three interviews solidly lined up, and I am pretty optimistic about two more.  The first person that I approached and got a solid yes from was Clyde Haulman, current mayor of the City of Williamsburg, former member of the WJCC school board, and my freshman Econ 101 professor.  I simply went to his office, stated my name and purpose, and he agreed.  It was easier than I thought it would be, especially considering how hard it has been up to this point to even just talk to them on the phone or in person about a possible interview.

My next solid yes came from Dr. Bill Travis, who is currently the Provost of the Historic Triangle Campus of Thomas Nelson Community College.  I think that he will have a ton of insight into career and technical education and resources available to students of the WJCC school system, considering his current work.  TNCC offers quite a few career education classes, so that is right up my alley.

Also, Addie and I went to the James Blair administrative building this morning to see if we could scrounge up any interviews there using some face to face contact.  While there, we talked to Quincy Marrow who is the Counseling Supervisor, who agreed to answer a few questions.  Apparently he had sent me an email (which I did not get) telling me that he had decided to not take part in an interview, but he reconsidered.  Also, he gave us some really great follow-up contacts that we are going to pursue.