Research Journal 28 Mar 11

Still sort of slow going but I’m working on it. I’ve emailed a few other folks. I got a response from Dr. Kim Nunnally, former director of Language Arts, who said she was very new to the position, and forwarded my email to Mrs. DeVeria Gore, who held the position before her. Mrs. Gore responded right away and both were supportive and eager to help. That was pretty encouraging. She referred me to the official form for conducting educational research, which I’m working on now. I’m concerned I may not have enough time, but I’ll worry about that later. Right now I’ll just keep sending emails, making calls, and filling out forms.

Saw an interesting article today in the Gazette. It’s very general, though—I’d really like to hear more about how test scores were raised and new methods or tools that the schools used to increase scores. Definitely something I’ll look for more information on—and I’m sending emails to people at the schools involved to see what they can tell me about it.