• Last Tuesday I interviewed Kim Hundley, kindergarten teacher at Stonehouse Elementary School. Mrs. Hundley was extremely forthcoming and shared valuable insight regarding bullying at the elementary school level. She also allowed me to borrow some of the books previously used as part of a curriculum designed to stop bullying, which I hope to discuss in my final report.
  •  Today I interviewed a junior from Jamestown High School. We discussed acts of bullying she has witnessed, as well as the school’s approach to preventing such acts. From this interview I’ve learned that appearance is everything in high school. Also, although kids may observe bullying, they are unlikely to come forward or report the abuse for fear of being labeled a “snitch.”
  • I have an appointment with Suzanne Hart, guidance counselor at Lafayette High, this Wednesday. I had originally planned to meet with a therapist from the Williamsburg Family Living Institute. However, because of communication issues, I’ve decided to interview Mrs. Hart instead. She should still be able to explain the emotional/mental effects of bullying, and will have a better idea of these problems within the school system. 
  • I’ve also experienced difficulty getting in touch with Mr. Fudge, so I’ve put in a call to Amour Mickel, Assistant Principal at Berkeley Middle School. I hope to interview at least one of these individuals.
  • Today I emailed the PTA president for Lois S. Hornsby Middle School, Tina Kopfer. I would like to interview Mrs. Kopfer to get a parent’s perspective on bullying in Williamsburg area schools.