Work Journal 4/12-4/17

4.12.10

Started on more internet research, focusing on news about the restaurant.  Also spent a while on the restaurant’s site and a couple hours reading past reviews on tourist websites.

4.13.10

Gearing up for my first interview tomorrow.  Brought the deed of gift and other forms to work for Jessica to fill out before tomorrow.  Made a list of questions I definitely want to hit on, but I’m expecting this to be a pretty relaxed interview.

4.14.10

Interviewed Jessica Burt at Swem.  I already knew a lot of her personal history, but I was surprised to learn more and also to hear about a lot of opinions.  Her suggestions on who I should talk also helped me narrow down my list of who I want to interview.  I know now my goal is to interview Al, Steve, Rick and of course, Mickey.

4.15.10

Contacted Steve Davidson, as assistant manager and he agreed to be interviewed on Wednesday.  Emailed the general manager again about looking through their personal achieves.  Waiting for a time to be set.

4.16.10

Indexed for Megan Taylor at the Academy of Life and Learning.  What an interesting interview! Her project is going to make such an impact and the people she is talking to are so passionate about the issues. It was exciting to see that aspect of her project.

4.17.10

Emailed the Mickey Chohany about an interview this week.  Hopefully he will get back to me by the beginning of next week so I can have all my major interviews done by the end of this week.  Also spent some time on the internet researching the Chohany family and reading about Mickey’s political career and his position as the head of government relations in the Williamsburg Area Restaurant Association.  I also found a recent article that mentioned the work being done by the Colonial Triangle Foundation in regards to a Civil War Celebration which might interest Brian.  Here’s the site:

http://www.wydaily.com/local-news/3948-collaborative-says-no-room-for-the-inns-restaurants.html