March 23-30 Journal

Monday: did nothing due to illness.

Tuesday: Missed interview with Prof. Knight because of illness. Slept the rest of the day.

Wednesday: Sent emails to several community members involved Farmer’s Market with the asking for information or possibly an interview. Still waiting to hear back about from them. I prepared for my interview Mr. M. Anderson Bradshaw at his office in Toano by researching him, James City County’s zoning laws, and preparing interview questions.

Thursday: Interviewed Mr. Brawshaw in his office. The experience was a great success! Mr. Bradshaw gave me a lot of information about other farmer’s markets and possible people to contact about my project. That afternoon, I talked with Prof. Knight and he gave me more suggestions about where to take my project.

Friday: Read blackboard articles on conducting interviews and prepared for the next days farmer’s market.

Saturday: Attended the Williamsburg Farmer’s Market. Enjoyed the experience and seeing the festivities, despite the weather. I could not find Ms. Oliver to ask if she had received my emails. I asked several attendees about what they thought about the market. Some were willing to discuss opinions, but none wanted to “go on the record with William and Mary.” Most quotes I received were unremarkable.  I left the farmers market after around 2 1/2 hours when reoccurring sickness made me vomit the candy I bought earlier near a produce stand. The vendor promptly told me to “get the hell away from my stuff!” Shoppers looked equally phased. Took a nap before leaving town.

Sunday – Monday: Attended a Law School scholarship interview in Birmingham, Al.