Assignment #3

I think Jake did an overall good job transcribing my interview, except for one glaring error: my name is spelled Bayley, not Bailey. I think it’d be worth it to go back and change this in the transcript, because this could cause a good deal of confusion further down the road. Plus I think Word makes it pretty easy to do something like “change all: Bailey to Bayley,” but I’d have to poke around to find that function. But I don’t think any of my key points were misrepresented or anything was misinterpreted to the point of being something other than what I intended.

Also, I noticed that I write far better than I speak. I would say that Jake included many likes and ums that I would’ve omitted, but I don’t think that’s true. I included plenty of Liz’s likes and ums that, looking back, probably could’ve been omitted without changing the meaning of her answers. I remember keeping them in Liz’s transcript because they were exactly what I heard, but now that I see myself recorded on paper with all of them still in there, it makes me more conscious of how I dealt with that during my transcription process.

Regardless, Jake did a good job getting my points across and recording my words exactly as he heard them.

2 Responses to “Assignment #3”

1. 1 Jacob Charron March 30, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Wow, I’m really sorry. I will definitely fix that and submit a new copy.

2. 2 kxbayl March 30, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Don’t worry about it – you’re certainly not the first and I’m sure you won’t be the last 🙂