Question bank: Farms and farming

My project is clearly geared towards interviewees with farm experience, and I realize that many of the people we will interview for the WDP have little or no farm experience. The first and most obvious question that you might want to ask on my behalf is whether or not the interviewee has experience with farms and farming. I tried my best to make some of these questions applicable to people with little or no direct farm experience.

1.) Did you/do you participate in any home food-preservation activities like freezing, canning or drying?
2.) Did you ever have local farm products (dairy items, eggs, vegetables, etc.) delivered to your home?
3.) How has the agricultural character of James City County changed over your lifetime? Did you grow up near farms?
4.) Are you in favor of agricultural land preservation programs in James City County?
5.) How are farm responsibilities shared among family members?
6.) Do Williamsburg farmers make use of migrant labor?
7.) What do you plan to do when you retire from farming?