Interviewing reflections

I was pretty nervous going into the interview yesterday where I was the second interviewer to begin asking questions. Because we hadn’t interviewed Ms Carson before, I didn’t know what to expect. And if she seemed to have to little to say, I wasn’t confident in my ability to get her to open up at all. Luckily she was a fantastic interviewee, and I think I only asked her about three of my questions before I had to pass the torch to Laura. Her wealth of information was only surpassed by her levelheaded analysis of the Williamsburg area. She’s lived here for over thirty years and maintains a realistic and practical outlook on the food options offered in the area. I really enjoyed talking with her, and only wish we had had more time to continue the discussion.

1 Response to “Interviewing reflections”

1. 1 iaknig February 25, 2009 at 10:12 pm

Barbara did make it pretty easy for us… but I don’t think she’s completely unusual.