Journal for April 16th-22nd

This past week I had an interview with Dan and Ginny Gasink who were both graduates of William and Mary and very involved in Catholic Campus Ministry. Currently they live in Williamsburg and choose to attend Catholic Campus Ministry masses as opposed to St. Bede’s Church. The interview went very well as far as content and information about past CCM history and current events. However, the sound quality of the tape was compromised because we did not have enough microphones and their small baby was present. I also spent a chunk of time last Thursday going through Daily Press articles about St. Bede’s and CCM. It was interesting to see what the community knows about the Catholic Church and how it is represented in public media. This upcoming week I will be driving to Richmond on Thursday to interview the former pastor of St. Bede’s/Catholic Campus Ministry, Msgr. Carr. Also, I just talked to Sr. Berenice Eltz, a resident sister in Williamsburg for over 50 years and she agreed to do an interview with me on Monday, April 28th. I’m very excited about that!