Journal VI 4.15 – 4.21

William Hammer
AMST 410: Williamsburg Documentary Project
Professor Knight
April 15, 2008 – April 21, 2008

April 15, 2008:
I. Basic Information
Bobby and I confirmed our meeting during class tomorrow. Also in class Ladonna agreed to index for me next week. He also sent me an interesting article connecting the Golden Horseshoe to the College. Catherine also gave me an article from the Virginia Gazette about Ford’s Colony and its construction.

Time Logged: 15 minutes

II. Observations and Data – No Report

III. Reflection – No Report

April 16, 2008:

April 17, 2008:
I. Basic Information
Bobby and I met with Professor Knight this morning during our scheduled class time. We discussed the changes in our project and the particulars for the paper and presentation.
Bobby and I then continued to hash out our outline.

Time Logged: 60 minutes

II. Observations and Data
Bobby also brought an article commenting on the longer stays at the Williamsburg Inn. Upon reading, I thought that we should try and find some information on the more recent past phenomenon as Williamsburg as a retirement destination, a key demographic on the golf course.

III. Reflection
When Professor Knight, Bobby, and I first met at the beginning of the semester, the news of a thirty page paper was overwhelming. But on working on the outline it will be rather easy to get a substantial project. I think that we will accomplish our goal of making our project open-ended for future projects to supplement or focus on a certain strain.

April 18, 2008:
I. Basic Information
I called Mr. Byrnes and set up an interview for Thursday. I called Bobby and Ladonna for indexing assistance. But finally emailed the list serve for an indexer.

Time Logged: 15

II. Observations and Data
Hopefully I can start typing some things out and working on the more tangible requirements of AMST 410.

III. Reflection
I am really excited for this interview. Mr. Brynes seems like a potentially great interviewee.

April 19, 2009: No Report

April 20, 2009: No Report

April 21, 2009:
I. Basic Information:
I followed up with Glen Byrnes and he was a go for the interview setting. He did express some concerns with the legality of his on-the-record interview.

Time Logged: 5 minutes

II. Reflection
I had some real questions with his response. I was really surprised that Byrnes, like Gyscek was giving me the run around. I realize that only a few of my questions would really affect his position as PGA Professional or the Golden Horseshoe.