Where have you lived?

View Larger Map

Last Thursday everyone did a great job with our first “practice” interview. After frantically writing my own index to the interview, and then having some time to think about it, I have one suggestion I wanted share with you. You might want to ask where people have lived and where they go in Williamsburg. Part of living in a place is interacting with the physical space itself. For example, this past year I moved to a different area of Williamsburg where I do not run into many students, I don’t see the College unless I am going to work, and I rarely find myself going through CW. How might “my” Williamsburg differ from someone who lives on, say, Indian Springs Road? How does what I see, touch, hear, smell, etc., help shape what Williamsburg “is” for me? Knowing where a person has lived in Williamsburg, or where they go to do a certain activity, may help us, and other researchers, to better understand what it was like to be a resident of Williamsburg.